Atypical Gout - Am I at Risk?
Gout is a painful disease that millions of people suffer from every year. It is a response to an inflammation around the joints from crystallized deposits. Generally, this condition is completely preventable. In cases where a person has been diagnosed with atypical gout, it can be managed by different methods that usually eliminate or minimize the discomfort.
- Typically a person first experiences a painful bout with gout in their big toe knuckle area.
- However, several have reported the pain was first in other joints, such as the hand.
- In the event that gout is experienced in the hand it is usually the hand that the person use for almost everything, his or her dominant hand.
- Many situations gout has been linked to heredity.
- If someone in the family has had gout and even arthritis your risk of also being diagnosed with gout is elevated.
- However, you can take precautions to reduce your risks.
Eating healthy foods that are low in purines, increasing your leafy greens and fiber intake are great ways to do this. Another modification you can take is to exercise regularly. This will help you to lose unnecessary weight and also increase blood flow and decrease the uric acids that turn into the crystallized deposits.
- Increase your water consumption to be able to between 10-12 glasses a day.
- This helps your body to get rid of the toxins from it, aids in digestion and maintains hydration for overall health.
Gout Diet Dos & Don'ts
All roads lead to your gut when it comes to gout. A painful form of arthritis caused by a buildup of uric acid. Diet is a common cause- the big toe is a common ...
- Is very important if you know you are at a higher risk for gout that you take the necessary precautions to minimize your risks.
- Talk to your doctor is you have any questions or concerns.
- He or she can also help you in determining the best diet for you so you can lower your risks.
Generally, the doctor should also be able to help you in finding an exercise program that will not be too strenuous for you yet still be enough to help you lose the weight and manage the gout.
Understanding the causes of atypical gout and how to relieve the affects of an attack are key elements in controlling and also successfully taking care of it. You will probably be doing a lot of research online to find some of the various methods used for your symptoms, but you should go over any modifications in your treatment with your doctor before you make the changes. Sometimes changing your diet or discontinuing medications can be worse for you condition.