Bored of Cherries? Try Berries for your Gout Treatment!
When searching for a natural remedy for your gout, cherries and cherry juice are often the first food that pops up. But we are now finding that it's not just cherries. Other berries are also helpful for lowering uric acid levels. Strawberries, blueberries, and other red-blue berries tend to be high in antioxidants, decreased purine, and have low acidity, making them perfect snacks for gout sufferers.
Gout is due to high levels of uric acid, which in turn crystallizes in the joints, especially in the toes, feet and knees. Large amounts of those sharp crystals cause painful gout flares. The goal of many natural remedies and also prescription medications is to either decrease uric acid levels (prevention) or pain and inflammation relief from present gout flares, or both.
- Eating berries will not likely stop a gout size, but eating these regularly helps to lower uric acid levels, staving off the painful attacks.
- Some of the best berries to maintain your uric acid levels low are:
Goutezol High Uric Acid ReliefGoutezol Gout Relief contains calming botanicals formulated to gently support healthy uric acid metabolism. Goutezol's active ingredients have been used for many years to support healthy uric acid metabolism, helping in reducing high uric acid levels. Now they are all integrated into this special gout formula. Lowering uric acid and supporting uric acid metabolism has been proven to ease the symptoms related to gout.
More about This Product »
Strawberries- Flavonoids are another inhibitor of the enzyme cyclooxygenase (COX), the same chemical that is inhibited from the flavonoids in cherries and by NSAIDs such as ibuprofen. Flavonoids are helpful in the reduction of swelling. Strawberries are high in flavonoids such as pelargonidin and contain small amounts of the cyanidin, delphinidin and also petunidin. Pelargonidin is the substance which makes strawberries red.
How To Get Rid Of GOUT PAIN (INFLAMMATORY ARTHRITIS) With Home Remedies
HOW TO TREAT GOUT ATTACK? FIND out the best home remedies for gout pain (inflammatory arthritis). Gout is characterized by sudden, severe attacks of ...
- Blueberries- These little berries are quite an excellent source of anthocyanidin, an important flavonoid.
- As with most other fruits, they are also extremely high in antioxidants.
- Eat lots of these to be able to keep your uric acid levels as low as you possibly can.
- Elderberries- Elderberries are great for gout as also, they are low in purine, but high in cyanidin.
- However, the red elderberries shouldn't be ingested at all, and white elderberries really should not be eaten raw.
- If you want to get the benefits of elderberries, choose elderberry juice or elderberry extracts.
Check out a tasty antioxidant-rich, low purine dessert option here at Health.com
Eating the minimum purine diet hasn't helped in order to reduce your gout flares, talk to your doctor about colchicine, a prescription drug proven to reduce the severity and numeracy of gout attacks. With the recent price jump in the American market, consider Big Hill Drugs, a Canadian online pharmacy providing both manufacturer Colcrys and its generic alternative, colchicine.
Susie is a leading curator at omex3.com, a resource about alternative natural health. Last year, Susie worked as a post curator at a well-known tech web site. When she's not sourcing web posts, Susie enjoys working out and skateboarding.