Fighting Gout With Diet
The extremely painful condition called gout is caused by the sufferer's blood having too high a level of uric acids. Uric acid is a waste product that results from the breakdown of purines. Purines are naturally occurring ingredients found in the body, plus in several types of food.
- The past, a very strict dietary regiment was an essential part of treating gout.
- With the progression of gout medications, those dietary regiments are no longer as rigid as they once were.
- While the development of new drugs to treat gout is welcome news, there is a downside.
- Many of the drugs prescribed for treating gout have potentially harmful side-effects.
- Because of this some gout sufferers see dietary alterations as the preferred method of avoiding gout flare-ups.
The basic dietary approach to keeping gout in order is to prevent foods that are high in purines. These foods include: organ meat such as, brain, liver, kidney, and sweetbread; seafood like, anchovies, mackerel, scallops, mussels, and herring; plus peas, beans, and yeast. Other meat, fish as well as poultry have lesser amounts of purines and can be eaten in moderation. Let your body be the judge.
Here are Some Other Ways that You can Naturally Lower Your Risk of Gout.
It's best to avoid alcohol altogether, but if you must drink then do so in moderation, or even only on special occasions. The main reason alcohol is a no-no to the gout sufferer is that it increases the risk of hyperuricemia (an abnormally high level of uric acid in the blood), by slowing the natural removal process of uric acids from the physique. If you are experiencing a gout attack then alcohol must be completely averted. There are no exceptions!
- Drink plenty of fluids to flush the system of uric acids.
- Aim for around 2 liters of water a day, a lot more if you're into training, have a physically demanding job, or are a larger individual.
- Try to maintain a healthy weight.
- Being overweight puts added stress in your joints thus increasing the possibility of gout.
Gout Relief And The methods To Achieve It Gout relief is very important to sufferers of gout as this is a painful type of arthritis and will need to be treated on numerous events. It is caused by the formation of uric acid crystals in a persons joints. When people get this for the first...
You are Overweight the Worst Thing You'll Want to Do is to Go on a Crash Diet
Rapid weight loss boosts the numbers of uric acid in the blood. It's best to take the weight off in a slowly, methodical trend. You are going to also want to stay away from those low carb diets. Consuming too much fat and protein can increase your chances of developing hyperuricemia.
- Eating foods that are low in purines will help to keep the gout under control.
- In order to help you get started, here is a list of foods which are reduced purines.
Two Ways to Tackle Gout
Anyone who's been sidelined by gout knows the first order of business is relieving the pain. "Gout is a condition that causes extreme pain, swelling and redness ...
Breakfast - Cereals and breads, oatmeal, eggs, low-fat parmesan cheese, fruits, fruit juices, peanut butter, dairy, tea, and coffee.
Lunch - Nuts, Pasta, Macaroni, Soups, Low-Fat Cheeses, and Broths.
Dinner - Pasta, macaroni, breads and cereals, eggs, vegetables, low-fat cheeses, and soups.
You can Find Additional Gout Eating Habits Dos and Don'ts on the Internet.
Your body can handle this, it is possible to augment your diet with some foods that have moderate levels of purines. These foods include, beef, pork, lamb, turkey, cauliflower and spinach. It's even okay to be able to eat the occasional high purine food item, assuming that you're not in the midst of a gout flare-up. Let your body be the judge.
For more info on gout and all matters of pain management visit: http://www.painmanageit.com.
Susie is a leading curator at omex3.com, a resource about alternative natural health. Last year, Susie worked as a post curator at a well-known tech web site. When she's not sourcing web posts, Susie enjoys working out and skateboarding.