Help for Diabetes, Gout and More
Overview of Gout Gout is a systemic disease caused by the buildup of uric acid in the joints, leading to inflammation, swelling, and pain. This condition can develop for two reasons. The liver may well produce more uric acid compared to the body can excrete in the urine, or even a diet of rich food (e.g., red meat, product sauces, red wine) puts a lot more uric acid into the system than the kidneys can filter. In both cases, a condition referred to as hyperuricemia results.
Over time, the uric acid crystallizes and settles in the joint spaces, most often in the first metatarsal phalangeal joint of the big toe or in the ankle joint. Signs and Symptoms The most common symptoms of gout are irritation, swelling, and tenderness in the joint of the first toe. Coming in contact with or moving it is intensely painful and patients often say it hurts to have as much as a bedsheet over the foot. Gout develops quickly as well as typically occurs in only one joint at a time.
Symptoms May Develop in Two or Three Joints At the Same Time, but this is Rare
When widespread symptoms occur, the condition is probably not gout. Diagnosis The most reliable way to diagnose gout is to examine the joint fluid for uric acid crystals. This is done by drawing fluid from the joint with a needle and examining it under a polarized light microscope. Although the test is actually invasive, the results are usually conclusive, as well as a positive result facilitates proper treatment and quick settlement.
Treatment Treatment for Gout Involves Decreasing the Amount of Uric Acid in the Joint
When dietary habits are the cause, the patient's lifestyle must be changed to avoid the condition. Gout is readily corrected with patient cooperation, as well as it is usually not taken care of unless it occurs frequently. Colchicine is a common medication for treating acute gout attacks. When continuous prescription medication is necessary, the two most common choices are probenecid and allopurinol.
Prevention Alcohol and rich foods are primary contributors in order to extreme uric acid levels. Even though some patients have a genetic predisposition to excessive uric acid production, most gout patients have normal filtering system as well as out of control diet habits. Prevention is the best defense against the disease. Many patients who suffer from gout still indulge, and suffer frequent attacks as a result. Although medication makes it possible to live with gout, the continued accumulation of uric acid in the joints eventually problems them, seriously inhibiting movement.
- Overview of Diabetes New to diabetes?
- Learn the basics ' check with your local diabetes clinic or research this on the internet.
- A key to diabetes management is maintaining a regular exercise program.
- Its never too late to start ' see below.
- Sticking to dietary goals while eating out also can be very tough 'see comments below. 20 million Americans and also Canadians have diabetes.
- Nearly 7 million do not know it.
- Type 2 diabetes usually develops slowly, as well as the signs and symptoms often go undetected.
- Our son developed a puffiness to his face which we noticed right away because we saw him only a couple of times a year.
- He and his wife put it down to simple weight gain.
- After 2' many years they finally snapped in order to there being something wrong and when he was finally examined his diabetes was 'off the charts'.
- Fortunately, they caught it in time, but it should have been caught over a year earlier.
- Nearly 90 to 95% of all people with diabetes have type 2.
- Who gets it?
- Just about any body.
- Fat, thin, regular build, that makes no difference; just about everyone can develop diabetes.
- Most at risk are people regardless of body build who live on a high intake of 'junk food'.
- Least at risk are people who eat a normal balanced diet.
- What you may not know about diabetes ' the truth about insulin resistance. 92% of people with type 2 diabetes have insulin resistance.
- Get the facts ' go to your local diabetes agency or research it on the internet.
Preventing Gout Attacks with Diet
Subscribe to Dr. Greger's free nutrition newsletter at http://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free excerpt from his latest NYT Bestseller HOW NOT TO ...
- Obesity is a major risk factor for diabetes.
- Being overweight is not a guarantee an individual will develop diabetes and many obese people never develop that, however individuals who are obese
Diabetic Meals can be Healthy and Savory.
Key to diabetes management is maintaining a regular exercise program. Its never too late to start and you can do it with a simple walking program. Just walk 1 kilometer a day and over a period of a month build it to two miles (3 kilometers) per day.
- Sticking in order to dietary goals while eating out can be very challenging.
- Many, even the majority of, restaurants cater to people with special dietary needs ' just ask.
- And learn those restaurants which do not and avoid them.
- When it comes to diabetic nutrition, not sure what to believe?
- There are many stories out there, some credible, others not.
- Research just what you need to know from trusted resources ' your neighborhood diabetes support center, the internet, friends who have diabetes.
The help of friends and family can make all the difference to someone with diabetes.
Help With Regard to Diabetes, Gout and Other Disorders
Check out these items, Native's Gift, Desert Promise, Bio88+,and see if there is something in charge of you. They are all 'Native and Natural' products, manufactured under strict quality control. In the case of Bio88+, a Veggies product, it is manufactured in a federal controlled University laboratory.
On the Testimonials Site Below I Am L
Windblad and my wife isJ.D. Windblad. I have long-term gout (since 1977), damage from gout including numbness and pain in the feet, a prostate which had ceased functioning for the past 2 years, and in Jan 2004 Iwas diagnosed with a lazy thyroid. Simply by the end of January my thyroid was functioning normally, by April I was noticing an improvement in prostate functioning through mid-May it was definitely clear that not only was the pain eliminated but feeling was coming back into my feet. This is written in June 2004 and its all still getting better.
- Check out these product testimonials and see what you think about what these products have accomplished in many other lives.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and contact the people who gave these testimonials.
There are other stories of 'miracles' with these products as well as they will be posted as soon as they can be collected. What these products actually do is work to make your body function just how it is supposed to function, and they attempt at least in part by restoring the natural Ph amounts.
Make sure to go to the product testimonials page above, scroll in order to the bottom, and click on the email contact for any of the people offered, and receive their confirmation and personal full testimonial. Disclaimer: This article in no way should be taken as 'medical advice' on any kind of product, condition or course of action, nor does it constitute in any way 'medical advice' endorsing any specific product, particular result, nor any possible cure for almost any condition or perhaps problem. This article is meant as a source of information upon which you may base your decision as to whether or not you should begin using any nutritional, mineral and/or herbal supplement for better health, or begin using a 'greens' product as a dietary supplement.
In doubt, or if you have questions, you should consult your physician as well as, if possible, check with an extra physician for a possible different opinion. The author does not bear any responsibility for your decisions nor for the results of your actions considering those decisions.
About the author:Loring Windblad has studied nutrition and exercise for more than years, is a published author and freelance writer.
This article is Copyright 2005 by http://www.organicgreens.us, http://www.organicgreens.ca and Loring Windblad. This article may be freely copied and utilized on other web sites only if it is copied complete with just about all back links and text, like the AuthorsResource Box, intact and unchanged aside from modest enhancements.