How To lose weight With A Diet For Gout
Have you ever slammed a car door on your fingers? Have you experienced the hot, searing, excruciating pain that shoots through your own hand, which radiates through your entire body, when you do this? For those who have then you have a little idea of what gout suffers go through for hours at a time.
- You are overweight you are a prime candidate to get hit with a sever case of gout.
- This article will explain how to lose weight with a diet for gout.
- By just how the information contained in this article is not medical advice, nor should it be taken as medical advice.
- This is perfect for informational purposes only.
- As always with a physical illness you should check with your personal medical doctor right away.
- Please! keep reading.
Gout is a type of arthritic illness which occurs in your extremities such as the fingers, elbows, knees and toes. Uric acid is the cause of gout and when there is too much uric acid in the system, crystal debris type in your joints which causes puffiness, inflammation and excruciating pain.
- You may be one of the thousands upon thousands of people who thought gout was a thing of the past.
- However, it is alive and well in today's overweight society.
- Obesity is one of the major contributors which can cause this painful attack on your joints.
The old days gout sufferers used to have to drastically alter their diet to relieve and prevent gout symptoms. However modern day medicine has eliminated this particular requirement. No matter drugs however, it will help you to undertake some diet restrictions so as to reduce your weight and the severity of the gout attacks.
- Do you eat a lot of meat, especially redcolored meat?
- If you do it will help you to get rid of those extra pounds by restricting yourself to 6 oz. of meat per day (preferably chicken or fish).
- In addition it will reduce the chances of a gout attack occurring.
- This is due to the purines within meats.
- If gout sufferers eat a lot of food containing purines (a chemical) then uric acid can form, leading to gout.
Other foods that are particularly an excellent source of purines are: Mackerel Sardines dried coffee beans dried peas liver kidney anchovies
Where possible these foods should be avoided whenever following a diet for gout.
- There are many other diet tips that can help to be able to minimize the occurrence of gout and help you lose weight while doing so.
- These are just a couple of suggestion which may help you.
- Again check with your doctor to make sure it really is ok to use these tips.
The Avoidance of Alcohol is an Important Factor for You to Keep in Mind
Excess alcohol affects the removal of uric acid from your body. A gout attack supplemented with alcoholic beverages can go bad very quickly, as hyperuricemia can occur. Ideally alcohol should be completely removed by just about all gout sufferers.
- Drinking a lot of water can have a positive effect on gout as water helps in the removal of uric acid which is what gout sufferers need.
- Furthermore, as you know water will help you to digest your food more thoroughly and help as well flush the excess coming from your body.
How to Prevent & Treat Gout Foot Care
Nutella Bread Recipe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eHPkpCGdEY Watch more How to Take Care of Your Feet videos: ...
Weight is an Issue that Needs to be Addressed
Excess weight puts extra stress on the joints and drastically increases the chance of gout and hyperuricemia. Sensible weight loss which avoids excessive purines is the proper way for gout patients to lose weight without increasing the risk of illness. High protein diets can be dangerous as most protein comes from meat and fish. Also avoid low carbohydrate diets; instead maintaining a balance of various vitamins and minerals.
- There are lots of low purine foods that could make up the majority of the diet for gout sufferers and also the overweight.
- These include:
Low fibre breads and cereals 2. Vegetables 3. Fruit juice 4. Low fat cheese 5. Nuts 6. Peanut butter 7. Soups (without meat) 8. Strawberries 9. Dark berries.
- You are an avid meat eater you may find it hard to adjust to a virtually meat free diet.
- Consider tofu as a meat option.
- It has a rough texture and is filling like meat.
As you can see a diet for gout is a healthy diet, which can also help you to lose weight.
- The one thing that will give you the edge in Losing weight is to take action.
- Do it at this time.
- You won't lose weight if you don't start today: