Owner'S Guide to Gout In Iguanas
Gout in iguanas is a condition that causes painful, swollen feet. It affects the joints and can lead to severe arthritic symptoms. You may be wondering what could cause such a condition.
Most iguanas suffer from this disease because they have been fed too much animal protein. These lizards can't digest animal protein very well. Uric acid, a byproduct of protein digestion, will eventually start to become stuck in the tissue of the joints leading to gout.
Although an Improper Diet is by Far the Most Common Cause, It is Not the Only One
Iguanas that experience frequent dehydration are also particularly susceptible to this condition. This is usually caused by lack of clean water on a daily basis. Kidney damage resulting from various conditions can also cause gout.
- As mentioned at the beginning of this article, the key symptom of this disease is swollen, painful joints.
- Although cells in the feet are usually affected, other areas such as the eyes may also turn out to be swollen.
- The majority of iguanas suffering from gout also experience lethargy or perhaps inactivity.
- Their scales and skin will also look unhealthy.
GOUT: Causes and Symptoms...
Watch this video to learn about all the causes and symptoms of gout. Gout is a painful Arthritis caused by the increase of uric acid in the blood. You can easily ...
Discover Gout Pain relief Methods Sick and tired of the side effects of prescription medication for gout? Here is a natural gout pain relief option that is available to anyone.A study carried out by the Agricultural Research Service (ARS), an arm of the United States Department...
The first order of treatment is to be able to administer anti-inflammatory drugs and corticosteroids. This will help reduce pain associated with arthritis attacks. In some cases, your iguana could even need surgery. Since improper care is usually the underlying cause of gout in iguanas, changes in care will also need to be implemented.
Gout is an incurable situation, so it's best to prevent it in the first place. This means making sure that you don't feed your iguana an excessive amount of animal protein. You will also need to provide fresh, clean water daily.
- There are many things all owners must eventually learn.
- If you want to learn how to take care of iguanas, then make sure you drop by green-iguana-care.com today.
- Come learn about a wide variety of topics such as common iguana diseases.
Susie is a leading curator at omex3.com, a resource about alternative natural health. Last year, Susie worked as a post curator at a well-known tech web site. When she's not sourcing web posts, Susie enjoys working out and skateboarding.