Allopurinol Patient Testimonies: Arthritis Drugs - Is the Cure Worse Than the Disease?
Copyright 2005 Wendy Owen Research is always ongoing into new and better medications for arthritis that is a very good thing. But where is all this leading us?
Gout Treatment Through Prescribed Drugs or Even Medicine
You have the option of prescribed drugs treatment or natural treatment and the combination of both of the treatment. Uric acid is founded in the urine and it is a by product of purine produced by the breakdown of protein cells. If the uric acid crystals are not diluted properly then these crystals makes its way into in the blood and then gather in the joints. It is very painful; the immediate treatment of gout is to overcome the serious pain, over the counter prescription drugs like Acetaminophen and indomethacin. These two drugs tend to be very useful and effective in order to overcome the pain and irritation. Unlike natural gout treatments the medicines works on different mechanism to reduce the level of uric acid in the blood, the drugs are known as Uricosurics. Allopurinol and Cholchicine are the two famous medicines which usually decrease the uric acid level.
- That may be all well and good, but actually OTC medications can be dangerous if taken over a long period of time.
- The concept of more is better" may also happen in the event that the pain gradually becomes worse.
- This can lead to serious side effects.
- Of course we need effective pain medication for arthritis to enable sufferers to live normal lives.
- But are all these expensive medications controlling the disease or simply masking the symptoms?
Natural Remedy for Gout
Vitamins and the herbs are very effective treatment for gout. Bromelain is also very effective in gout treatment because it is anti inflammatory derivative pineapple. Vitamin c is also very useful. If you are confused between gout natural treatments and traditional treatment then you should consult in order to your doctor. There are several natural medications for gout treatment which decrease the level of uric acid in the blood. These remedies are as follows.
Blood tests may be used in order to exclude other possible conditions but they can't diagnose osteoarthritis.
- Biologics suppress the immune system that leaves people prone to infections.
- They are also very expensive and can't be stored without freezing.
For Tough One Arthritis-
By this stage most people have consulted their doctor. Prescription medication at this time normally consists of the Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs or even NSAIDS. These do target the pain and inflammation of arthritis symptoms but have a range of side effects including stomach upset, abdominal pain, and ulcers.
Soothing devil's claw and cleansing poke underlying, these herbs are also very effective for gout treatment
For Advanced Arthritis-
For those suffering extreme pain and swelling the medical profession brings out the heavy artillery - Corticosteroids. These types of drugs contain man made cortisone and can be injected directly into the affected joints or taken orally.
Genetics: having a genealogy of osteoarthritis or congenital defects of joints, spine, or even leg abnormalities
Bony enlargements and osteophyte formation Crepitus (crackling, milling noise with movement) Joint effusion (swelling) Diagnosis
- Some milder cases of arthritis never make it into the doctor's surgery.
- Indeed the sufferer might not even be aware that they are suffering from arthritis at all.
- They may be feeling a few aches and pains" that they put down to old age or even the cold damp weather.
Before discussing if apple cider vinegar can cure gout in the foot or not, we really need to get a good understanding of what causes gout in the first place...
Birch leaf and celery as well as mustard are also very useful to flush out the uric acid through urine
- Reheat the mixture if you need to and repeat.
- Remember not to make use of boiling water.
- And test the temperature before you put your foot in.
Also available mainly to Rheumatoid Arthritis patients are Disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drugs (DMARDS) These work by stopping the immune system from attacking the joints. DMARDS may take up to three months to reduce symptoms but they do help to stop joint damage despite the fact that they cannot repair any previous damage.
Although these types of drugs are a boon to many, they work mainly at masking the symptoms of arthritis and cannot reverse the damage already triggered. Most people thinks this is impossible, it isn't!
Osteoarthritis is caused by two main reasons: 1) Trauma to the joints and/or 2) a predominantly alkaline body chemistry. If you were to sustain a trauma to a given joint and that entire body part sustained misalignment as well as damage; eventually that joint will wear out if specific measures are not taken.
- Caution You should only use these drugs if your doctor prescribed because many of the medicine have some major unwanted effects.
- If you in the process of gout treatment then you should drink at least 96 oz water daily.
Apple cider vinegar has been used lower the ages for all manner of afflictions, including gout, as well as has proved to be pretty effective.
People with high blood pressure, those with kidney difficulties and especially people who have heart problems are especially at risk with NSAIDS.
And getting rid of gout permanently is very important because repeat gout attacks over an extended period can leave you with kidney problems and permanent joint damage. Plus, once getting suffered your first attack, you're right now very much more likely to suffer even more.
What is Primary Osteoarthritis?
Osteoarthritis in the primary stage has no directly identifiable cause but is often posited as one of those diseases associated with aging. Scientific research suggests that chances for osteoarthritis become higher as you ages. This is because as one ages, water accumulates in the joints therefore affecting cartilage protein structure. As a result, cartilages in joints degenerate till ultimately they become brittle and breakdown.
There are two main reasons the reason why you might have high uric acid and those are; your kidneys aren't working at full potential and so can't process and excrete the normal levels of acid your body produces, or, your body is actually generating too much for your otherwise healthy kidneys to deal with.
Osteoarthritis Symptoms Joint pain in rainy weather Deep aching joint pain that will get worse after exercise or putting weight about it and is relieved through rest
Definitely Worth a Try!
About the author:Find away about the healthy way to treat osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, gout and fibromylagia. Visit: http://www.natural-arthritis-medication.com and sign up for our part course. Wendy Owen is a health investigator and author.
There are many gout remedies out there, such as drug-based medications, but here we are looking at using apple cider vinegar...
- Osteoarthritis is often able to be diagnosed by its characteristic symptoms of pain, decreased movement and/or deformity.
- Osteoarthritis can be confirmed with an x-ray.
- Common x-ray findings include narrowing of the joint space between bones, a loss of cartilage material as well as bone spurs or bone growths.
- OTC medications include aspirin as well as ibuprofen.
- These medications can cause intestinal bleeding and kidney damage in large doses.
- Aspirin also damages vitamin C in the body leading to lower immunity.
Apple Cider Vinegar as a Drink to Treat Gout in the Foot
For drinking, all you need to do is mix 2 to 3 teaspoons of vinegar into a large glass of water as well as stir thoroughly. Drink a glass 3 times per day. I can drink it no problem, but if you can't abide the taste, just add a little honey.
Stinging nettle as well as horsetail tea is very effective to decrease the uric acid Horseradish and parsley juices
- Long term use of these may produce sleep problems, weight gain, osteoporosis and loss of immunity.
- Also available to those for who nothing else seems to work tend to be Biologic Response Modifiers Biologics).
- Biologics are derived from live sources, plants and animals and are not manufactured chemically.
- They are mainly used for sufferers of Rheumatoid Arthritis and are given intravenously or even by injection.
- They can't be drawn in tablet form.
- Many gout sufferers have had success with this home remedy for gout.
- But whilst it can be effective, there are lots of other natural gout remedies that you can use.
- So get to know them in case apple cider vinegar just doesn't work for you personally.
- Here's a "quick and dirty" lowdown on what's currently available both "over the counter" (OTC) as well as on prescription only.
- For mild cases of arthritis -
Natural treatments for arthritis are available and can significantly stop some cases of arthritis, relieve pain and inflammation and in some cases, reverse joint damage.
Terms of gout, it is believed that, when drunk, apple cider vinegar changes your blood pH in a way that helps to alleviate high uric acid blood levels. But it may also be used to treat the swelling and agonizing pain of gout, when applied directly to the affected area, e.g. gout in the foot.
- Whichever the reason, and it can be both working at the same time, you end up with excess uric acid in your blood.
- So you have to reduce this excess if you are to cure your gout in the foot.
But, to have the best possible chance of a gout cure, you need to understand a whole lot of additional issues that can help to cause gout; for example, your diet, your weight, lifestyle, medications, underlying medical conditions, family history, etc.
Apple Cider Vinegar to Reduce Swelling and Relieve Gout Pain
You use this as a soak. Merely make up a mixture in the ratio of 1/2 cup of vinegar to 3 cups of hot water. If you need more, then use 1 cup vinegar to 6 cups of hot water. Soak your foot for around 30 minutes.
Osteoarthritis - Cause Excess weight puts extra strain on the joints, particularly the large weight-bearing joints, such as the knees, hips, and balls of the feet. Experts estimate that every 1 lb (0.5 kg) of body weight means at least 3 lb (1.4 kg) of stress in the knee joint, and even more at the hip joint. Studies show that weight loss can decrease the symptoms of knee osteoarthritis or the chances of developing those symptoms.
- All begins with having higher-than-normal levels of uric acid in your body.
- Under these conditions -- known as hyperuricemia -- tiny needle-like crystals can form and be deposited in your joints, for example gout your foot.
Gout experiences - see a preview
People share their experience of what it's like to have gout. See more videos like this at http://healthtalk.org/peoples-experiences/bones-joints/gout/topics.
Gout Attacks All of a Sudden on the Joints, Mostly It Attacks on the Big Toe
The pain of gout is very scary and usually it takes place in the midnight and makes you feel painful and helpless. There are two options of gout treatment or for the prevention of gout. First option is prescribed drugs by the doctor and second option you have is with the natural treatment. When gout attacks first time in your body then you should want to prevent the future gout attacks and want to steer clear of the problems and side effects of gout such as kidney stones and immobility of chronic degeneration of joints.
When Gout Attack Hit Your Joints then It Creates Your Joint Red and Warmth
This usually happens when the level of uric acid increase in your bloodstream. When all the symptoms of gout reveals then the doctor will recommend you gout treatment. He prescribed drug drugs or natural treatment for gout. He also can suggest you to dieting. According to the report of Centers for Disease Control approximately 3.3 million percent people in the United States of America suffering from this disease and mostly are the men.
- But, in order to be effective, it should be raw, un-distilled, unpasteurized apple cider vinegar.
- The kind that has a sediment in the bottom of the bottle, called the 'mother.'
Although there is little evidence for the effectiveness of complementary therapies in treating osteoarthritis, 60 percent of people with all forms of arthritis have used or are using one type or another. If you have severe side-effects as a result of medication, you might find acupuncture or reflexology helpful in relieving discomfort.
- Enter the COX-2 inhibitors.
- These have been designed for people whose stomach problems can't tolerate the above.
- Unfortunately the risks stay for chest pain, heart attack and stroke victims.
Osteoarthritis is the most common form of arthritis and is also called degenerative joint disease. In this form of arthritis, the cartilage that covers the ends of the bones that connect in the joint wears away, subjecting the bone and causing pain. This condition may also involve a decrease in the amount of joint fluid, called synovial fluid, that cushions the joint, as well as changes in the ligaments and muscles that stabilize the joint.
Associated diseases: the presence of other connected diseases, infections, diabetes, and various other forms of circulating arthritis, such as rheumatoid arthritis or gout
Treatment for Osteoarthritis
Acetaminophen (Tylenol): has been shown to be as effective as nonsteroidal medication in treating the pain of knee osteoarthritis. Individuals should keep their dose of acetaminophen to under 2000 mg a day as higher doses could cause kidney disease.
So, in order to discover how to prevent recurring gout from damaging your health, please go now in order to www.thegoutsite.com.